When it comes to maturing 30 is the new 21: Today’s youngsters aren’t keen to call themselves adults

Adulthood (film)
Adulthood (film) (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

When it comes to maturing 30 is the new 21: Today¿s youngsters aren’t keen to call themselves adults | Mail Online.

I knew it all along that 30 is the new 21. It just goes to show that those who are 21 yrs old are not ready for the world until they are way into their 30’s. I see it alot on college campuses that 21 yr olds still act like 16 to 18 yr olds and are not fully mature until they are way into their 30’s. It’s the sign of the times we live in that 21 yr olds are still trying to party and stretch it out for 9 yrs until reality and real world hits them square in the face. Where I go to college, I see this mentality all the time and I see in young college kids who still act like their in high school.

The study came out of the Melbourne’s Brotherhood of St Laurence charity, which concluded that only 38 per cent of 21yr olds think they are ready to face the world head on. Which leaves the 62 % to think that they are still to young to be an adult. Which means that most of them are not ready for the world and ready to face Adulthood.

Which is why I think that adulthood is somewhere between 30 & 40 and your teens are in phases of pre teen from 9 to 12, teenage from 13 to 21 and late teen from 21 to 29. In the case of College aged kids in America, I would say vast majority of them are from Teenage to Late teenage phase. This can be seen on any college campus around the world and see & gauge if they are ready to face the real world.