Nakedness is the special sauce that enhances so many of life’s finest, most profound experiences:
- Quality time spent with families – meals, celebrations, etc.
- Social gatherings and parties with good friends
- Practice of yoga and meditation
- Pagan esbats, spiritual ceremonies and rituals
- Solitary communion with the natural world
- Camping and hiking in backcountry, wilderness
- Songs and stories around a campfire
- Sexual union with a loving partner
It’s rather astonishing that most people in our society think of the pleasure of nakedness exclusively in terms only of the last item on this list. Why? The only reason, really, is that most people think of nudity and nakedness solely in terms of what society has taught them. Unfortunately, there’s way too little original, independent thinking about far too many things, and this is just one example.
Getting naked is usually regarded merely as the initial stage of a sexual encounter…
View original post 414 more words